united states politics
The democratic party's 10-step plan for america:
1. Talk about something bad republicans did
2. Continue talking about thing
3. Continue talking about it
4. Eschew any chance to try to mitigate harm of the bad thing; continue talking about it
5. Ignore literally all other problems while continuing to talk about it
8. Remember the thing?
9. Lose election
10. It's the leftists' fault for splitting the party
@matt My frustration over this has been building for a while now (as a non-citizen-therefore-non-voter). Recently I've started to blame a widespread lack of abstract "literacy"/willingness to think in the country. No idea how wrong I am and less of an idea w.r.t. solutions though.
@jaccarmac It's the perfect storm of declining standards in education, increasingly sensationalist media, the ease with which the internet allows propaganda to spread, massive wealth inequality, and inadequate mental healthcare. I don't know if there is a solution that isn't going to end with fundamental societal disruption and unthinkable violence against the disruptors.
This is a place to go when you want FREEDOM. Get things off your chest. Share your secrets with strangers. Scream into the abyss. Tell filthy jokes. Make a joke at all. <3